Sidmouth Warriors Under-8s win at Feniton thanks to four-goal Vickery
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-8s began their Exeter and District Youth League season with a 4-1 success at Feniton.
What was clear from an impressive all-round show was that the young Warriors players took what they had been learning during the pre-season period onto the pitch.
They took an early lead when, after some fine approach play from Alastair Mournery the ball was passed to Lucas Vickery to slot home the first of all four Warriors goals that he scored! Feniton struck next with a good finish, but not before Warriors glovesman Jamie White had made a smart double save! The Feniton played netted at the third attempt.
Early in the second half it was again from a Mournery assist that Vickery restored the Warriors lead.
Further Vickery goals arrived with the assists from Ethan Isaac and Lucas O’connor who both worked tirelessly as wing backs.
You may also want to watch:
Warriors coaches Andrew O’connor and Seb Mournery were delighted with the teams collective efforts.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival