Sidmouth Warriors Under-9 bag brace of clean-sheet wins in Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-9 Warriors started their new campaign with a trip to meet West Hill and Hemyock, writes Chris Roberts
What should have been a 40-minute journey became one of a full hour as the convoy of cars took a number of wrong turns and ran up some dead ends on their way to Mid Devon!
The first game saw Warriors play West Hill and they made a flying start, racing into a two-goal lead thanks to a Ben Fisher brace.
With some slick passing the youngsters continued to create chances and, after Fisher had completed his hat-trick Charlie Roberts netted twice to send Warriors into the break with a nap hand lead.
The Wasps made a bright start to the second half and Warriors keeper Freddie Roberts was at full stretch to twice deny them a goal back. Once the Warriors regained control further goals followed through Freddie Eul-Baker and Gabriel Roberts before Roberts sealed his hat-trick with a fine solo goal to seal an 8-0 triumph.
You may also want to watch:
In their second game they continued to pass the ball well and first half goals from Oliver Loosemore and Gabriel Roberts gave Warriors a half-time lead.
After the break Ben Fisher scored and Freddie Eul-Barker tucked away a penalty to make it 4-0 as Warriors completed a second successive clean sheet victory of the morning.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom