Sidmouth Warriors Under-9 bag brace of clean-sheet wins in Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-9 Warriors started their new campaign with a trip to meet West Hill and Hemyock, writes Chris Roberts
What should have been a 40-minute journey became one of a full hour as the convoy of cars took a number of wrong turns and ran up some dead ends on their way to Mid Devon!
The first game saw Warriors play West Hill and they made a flying start, racing into a two-goal lead thanks to a Ben Fisher brace.
With some slick passing the youngsters continued to create chances and, after Fisher had completed his hat-trick Charlie Roberts netted twice to send Warriors into the break with a nap hand lead.
The Wasps made a bright start to the second half and Warriors keeper Freddie Roberts was at full stretch to twice deny them a goal back. Once the Warriors regained control further goals followed through Freddie Eul-Baker and Gabriel Roberts before Roberts sealed his hat-trick with a fine solo goal to seal an 8-0 triumph.
You may also want to watch:
In their second game they continued to pass the ball well and first half goals from Oliver Loosemore and Gabriel Roberts gave Warriors a half-time lead.
After the break Ben Fisher scored and Freddie Eul-Barker tucked away a penalty to make it 4-0 as Warriors completed a second successive clean sheet victory of the morning.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion