Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s dish up ‘best yet’ against Dawlish sides
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors under-9s produced a pair of breath-taking performances to defeat Dawlish sides by handsome margins, writes Chris Roberts.
Playing some of their best football of the season, with Oliver Beech orchestrating much of the play from central midfield, the Warriors were irresistible as they first beat Dawlish Barca 9-1 and then saw off Dawlish Madrid 5-0.
Against Barca the goals came thick and fast in the first half from with Gabriel Roberts, Oliver Loosemoore and Ewan Badcock each bagging a brace.
After the break the home side came back well and netted a fine goal before a Charlie Roberts double and one from Oliver Beech completed the scoring, the latter deservedly netting in what was a master class of play from the youngster.
Full of confidence the Warriors then tore into Dawlish Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Roberts, Oliver Loosemore and an own goal saw them into a 3-0 half-time lead.
After the break Dawlish came back strongly, but got no change out of the solid defending of Lucy Spiller and Freddie Roberts.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
At the other end of the pitch two more goals were netted with Oliver Loosemore and Oliver Beech the scorers.