Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s dish up ‘best yet’ against Dawlish sides
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors under-9s produced a pair of breath-taking performances to defeat Dawlish sides by handsome margins, writes Chris Roberts.
Playing some of their best football of the season, with Oliver Beech orchestrating much of the play from central midfield, the Warriors were irresistible as they first beat Dawlish Barca 9-1 and then saw off Dawlish Madrid 5-0.
Against Barca the goals came thick and fast in the first half from with Gabriel Roberts, Oliver Loosemoore and Ewan Badcock each bagging a brace.
After the break the home side came back well and netted a fine goal before a Charlie Roberts double and one from Oliver Beech completed the scoring, the latter deservedly netting in what was a master class of play from the youngster.
Full of confidence the Warriors then tore into Dawlish Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Roberts, Oliver Loosemore and an own goal saw them into a 3-0 half-time lead.
After the break Dawlish came back strongly, but got no change out of the solid defending of Lucy Spiller and Freddie Roberts.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
At the other end of the pitch two more goals were netted with Oliver Loosemore and Oliver Beech the scorers.