Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s net brace of 3-3 draws in latest action
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s shared six goals with both Brixington United and Brixington Blues in their latest Exeter and District Youth League action.
First up, against United, Warriors made a good start to the game with some impressive work from Ethan Isaac that saw him strike a powerful shot that drew a terrific save from the United goalkeeper.
The glovesman then kept out a powerful shot from Dylan Robbins.
A lapse in concentration in defence saw Warriors concede two quick-fire goals, but, after some wonderful forward play, Alistair Mounoury set up Lucas Vicary to pull a goal back. Scorer then turned provider as Vicary returned the complement and Mounoury drilled the ball home. A third for the Exmouth side looked to have won it for them, but Raiders were not finished and the hard-working Lucas O’Connor played Vicary who rifled the ball home to set up terrific scenes of celebration amongst the Warriors’ players.
Against Brixington Blues, Warriors made a nervy start, but were rescued no fewer than three times by the superb defending of the ever-reliable Oscar Finch.
You may also want to watch:
It was Warriors who struck first with an Alistair Mounoury long-range hitting the back of the net. Will Lawrence then won a corner that Lucas Vicary curled into the top corner! However, more silly defending saw three goals conceded to leave Warriors again facing defeat.
However, once again, with time running out, Vicary laid the ball off to Mounoury to blast it past the Blues glovesman to seal a second 3-3 draw for Warriors.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Sam, Finch was named the Warriors’ Man of the Match.