Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s serve up good performance against Mid Devon opposition.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Warriors Under-9s had mixed fortunes in their latest matches in the Exeter and District Youth League, writes Chris Roberts.
First up they took on an impressive CS Cougars team that played some slick passing football.
Warriors grew into the contest and began to play some delightful football themselves, forcing the Cougars onto the back foot. The deadlock was broken when Oliver Loosemore pounced on the loose ball after the Cougars gloves man had spilled it! The Mid Devon side responded and levelled just before the interval.
After the break Warriors dominated proceedings, but could not get the better off some solid, and, at times desperate, defending! It was somewhat against the run of play and harsh on the Warriors when Cougars struck late on with a breakaway goal.
Warriors showed no signs of the disappointment of the defeat when they took on Cullompton Tigers in the second game. Indeed, they were quickly out of the traps and young Loosemore fired them into the lead after just 12 seconds!
You may also want to watch:
That was the start of a period of sustained warriors attacking and Loosemore doubled his tally. However, the Mid Devon side came back and halved the deficit just before the break. In the second half it was the Tigers who did the pressing as the Warriors legs began to show signs of fatigue!
However, with goalkeeper Freddie Roberts in fine form and with a little help from his twin brother who made a superb goal line clearance, the Warriors were able to keep a second half clean sheet to deservedly win the game.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success