Sidmouth Warriors’ Under-9s Silk denied by upright in Alphas thriller.
Alphington 2-0 Sidmouth Warriors Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s were edged out in a cracking encounter.
The home team were quick out of the blocks with some very direct and physical football on a pitch better suited to cattle farming.
A pumped-up Alphington quickly established a two goal lead after a couple of defensive mix-ups by the Warriors (this doesn’t happen very often) and the Vikings spent most of the half defending deeply.
However, the second half saw a complete turn around with Sidmouth playing some scintillating football and creating chance after chance.
A blistering long range strike from Toby Hill crashed off the bar, Louis Silk hit the post and there were goalmouth scrambles galore!
You may also want to watch:
Try as they might, a goal wouldn’t come and with the home team deciding to play only 10 minutes each way, time ran out for the boys.
Still, the coaches remained philosophical having seen the team play three excellent halves of football that morning.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites