Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s win well at Lympstone
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s were 3-0 winners when they took on hosts Lympstone A.
The contest was actually a lot closer than the final score suggests.
Much of the fact that Warriors won with a clean sheet was down to the strong defensive partnership of Jamie White and Will Lawrence in front of the impressive Oscar Finch in goal. Young Finch made a number of brave saves and his quick thinking decision making from goal kicks was of the highest order.
Indeed the first goal began from a piece of quick thinking by Finch as he rolled the ball out to Alistair Mounoury who beat two players before playing a superbly weighted cross-field ball that Ethan Isaac met with a sweet strike from fully 40 yards that arrowed its way into the top corner beyond the despairing dive of the Lympets glovesman.
The second goal owed much to the tenacious tackling in midfield of Taylan Jones. The ball found Mounoury and he laid it off to Dylan Robbins playing his first time up front to power through the defence and net his first Warriors goal.
You may also want to watch:
After the break the action was end-to-end and the scoring was completed when Lucas Vicary provided the assist for Jamie White to score with a shot from outside the area.
White was named the Warriors Man of the Match for his outstanding all-round performance.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend