Sidmouth Warriors win well at Twyford Madrid
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/Corbis
Twyford Barca 3, Sidmouth Warriors 1 Twyford Madrid 0, Sidmouth Warriors 3 Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s gave a very good account of themselves before going down 3-1 to table-topping Twyford Barca.
Warriors made a confident start and took the lead with a superbly fashioned counter-attack goal.
Tim Goody did much of the approach work prior to a clinical finish from Joe Ashby.
The hosts, the only unbeaten side in the 18-team east section of the Exeter and District Youth League don’t often concede goals, let alone fall behind and it took them some hard work before they were able to breach the Warriors defence to restore parity.
After levelling they added two further goals, both of the ‘soft’ nature! To the Warriors credit they refused to lie down and came back strongly and were unfortunate not to add to their score line.
You may also want to watch:
In their game against Twyford Madrid the team produced a scintillating performance which saw them race into a three-goal half-time lead thanks to strikes from Samuel Rice, Tim Goody and Joe Ashby.
Thomas Rowan, Jamie Salter and Jed Ionov-Flint provided great support throughout and, but for some splendid saves by the Madrid goalkeeper the winning margin would have been far greater.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients