Sidmouth Wednesday win for Mo Kendall
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday there was a far less turnout than most weeks, which was very much down to the very cold weather, writes Maria Clapp.
Saying that, a few hardy souls braved the conditions. If you wrapped up, all was not too bad. I only started to get cold hands on the last hole!
Due to the bad weather, we started with 18 temporary greens, but, as the day progressed, the main greens were opened ahead of the leading pair.
This meant that if you were playing to the temp greens, some of the holes were a shorter distance and hopefully would not take as many shots!
For a while, I was in the running for taking first place with 36 points. This was until Mo Kendall returned to the club house with 46 points!
You may also want to watch:
Mo Borer came third with 34 points. There were no twos recorded – much of this down to the fact that putting on the temporary greens is not as easy – thus making scoring a two that much harder! With no twos, the pot is carried over to the next meeting.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution