Sidmouth well beaten in Over-60s League meeting with Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men played the final game of their season in the Over-60s County League, writes Carol Smith.
This was a meeting with Mid Devon in which the two away rinks went down by a margin of only nine shots between them.
However, in the match at Sidmouth, the two home rinks were well beaten as the final score was 101-64 in favour of Mid Devon!
Despite this setback, the campaign has not been a bad one for the Sidmouth men for they are guaranteed to now finish in either second – or third – spot.
There are two divisions in this league, based on geographical area, and the top four from each division play in a knock-out format to determine the overall winner.
You may also want to watch:
This all means that our men are still in with a chance! A little bird tells me that one driver (no names mentioned!) took the ‘scenic’ route to Mid Devon, but nevertheless arrived in plenty of time for the game.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival