Sidmouth well beaten in semi-final at Parkstone Croquet Club
Last Friday Sidmouth’s SW B League Team made their way to Parkstone Croquet Club in East Dorset to play in the semi-final, writes Pam Bowra.
Parkstone’s team were lucky enough to be able to play on their home lawns, which is always an advantage.
The doubles match in the morning went well – Andrew Thomas and Pamela Bowra for Sidmouth won this by 14 to 9.
Richard Thurlow played a very good game and won by 14 to 11.
However, John Coombes was not so fortunate and lost his singles.
You may also want to watch:
After lunch they all had to play singles, but it did not go well for Sidmouth and lost all their games, although Pamela Bowra had a tough match against Sue Longcroft and because they were even when time was called, the game went on for at least a further 30 minutes until Sue was lucky enough to hit in and get the winning hoop.
Although they lost, and it was a long way to go, the Sidmouth team agreed that all had enjoyed the day and the experience of playing at a different club.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival