Sidmouth well beaten in semi-final at Parkstone Croquet Club
Last Friday Sidmouth’s SW B League Team made their way to Parkstone Croquet Club in East Dorset to play in the semi-final, writes Pam Bowra.
Parkstone’s team were lucky enough to be able to play on their home lawns, which is always an advantage.
The doubles match in the morning went well – Andrew Thomas and Pamela Bowra for Sidmouth won this by 14 to 9.
Richard Thurlow played a very good game and won by 14 to 11.
However, John Coombes was not so fortunate and lost his singles.
You may also want to watch:
After lunch they all had to play singles, but it did not go well for Sidmouth and lost all their games, although Pamela Bowra had a tough match against Sue Longcroft and because they were even when time was called, the game went on for at least a further 30 minutes until Sue was lucky enough to hit in and get the winning hoop.
Although they lost, and it was a long way to go, the Sidmouth team agreed that all had enjoyed the day and the experience of playing at a different club.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon