Sidmouth wide of the mark as they slip to first defeat of season, beaten by six wickets at Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth suffered their first defeat in all forms of cricket this season when they went down by six wickets at Exeter.
At stumps, a glance at the score book gave one reason for this surprise defeat; wide’s!
The Sidmouth innings contained 13 extra’s with three of them wide’s.
However, the Exeter innings was supported by no fewer than 29 extras of which 23 were wides!
Liam Lewis (82) and Josh Bess (74) put on 90 for the third wickets and Josh Bess and Luke Bess (47) added 76 for the fourth wicket, taking Sidmouth to a close of 263-6.
You may also want to watch:
That was not quite enough to force a sixth win in six Francis Clark Devon League Premier Division outings for the home side claimed a four wicket win, closing on 264-6 with one over of their 50 remaining.
Make sure of your copy of the Sidmouth Herald, out next on Friday, June 14, for the best match report and post match comment.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution