Sidmouth win 91-75
The final Foxlands , played against Budleigh, produced wins on both rinks at home and on one away.
The final 'Foxlands', played against Budleigh, produced wins on both rinks at home and on one away. Sidmouth won 91-75.
Eight points were gained, which was just enough to regain second place in Division 2 on shot difference. The 2008/9 season will see Sidmouth once again in Division 1.
The club ladies' pairs final saw Jill Bishop and Doreen Pound play Eileen Hewett and Betty Haynes, resulting in a win for Jill and Doreen 21-17. In the mixed pairs' final, Sheila Bernand and Eddy Mills played Sue Mison and Peter Wilson, Sue and Peter winning 21-11.
This is my last report for Indoor Bowling, as the outdoor season is about to start.
You may also want to watch:
Our Centenary Year celebrations begin with the raising of a new club flag at 1.45pm on Monday, April 21. Eleven rinks are fully booked for the first game - all we need now is the fine weather.
By Mary Smith
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Sidmouth Ladies Bowls