Sidmouth win double for Mike Taylor in his laser
- Credit: Archant
The weather was perfect for the eight boats that took to water for the second of the Sidmouth Sailing Club Taster Plus sessions.
The session was held in the morning and concluded before the afternoon’s racing programme.
It provided an opportunity for some of the newer members of the club with limited sailing experience to get in some more ‘on the water’ time in a non-competitive environment.
This was a relaxed way to enjoy some sailing with more experienced sailors on hand to give guidance and advice. A couple of club Scorpion sailors, who have entered for the Scorpion National event at Lyme Regis in August, also made use of this time in order to get some practice in ready for the up and coming event.
The afternoon club racing took place with a flat sea, but a shifty Northwesterly breeze favoured the more experienced sailors who could read the ever-changing breeze.
You may also want to watch:
The mornings practice paid off for Scorpion sailors Guy Revill and crew Jack Rea who won both races in the Scorpion fleet with Oliver Salter and crew Simon White taking second place.
The laser fleet saw two wins for Mike Taylor followed in second place by Paul Wilson in race one and Barny Croft in race two.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour