Sidmouth win the East Devon Trophy
- Credit: Archant
The East Devon Trophy was held a couple of weeks ago at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes John Barnard.
It is an annual event involving Honiton, Axe Cliff, East Devon and Sidmouth and it was Sidmouth’s turn to host the event.
It was a disappointing day as the weather wasn’t good and after the event started the heavens opened so it was completely washed out.
However, as all the matches had started so it was agreed to take the scores as they stood. The players finished between the 13th and seventh hole.
By this stage, Sidmouth were 20 points ahead of East Devon and Honiton with Axe Cliff a further few points back.
You may also want to watch:
This reflected that under trying conditions, the Sidmouth player were putting together some good scores and when abandoned, averaged two points per player better than the other clubs.
It was a sad way for the competition to be decided, but there no way the fixture could be replayed, so Sidmouth won the trophy and the victorious Sidmouth players each received a medal to reflect their win.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls