Sidmouth Winter League joy for Freer, Grubb and Smith
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth staged the second instalment of the Winter League last weekend, writes Chris Roberts.
This weeks format was three-ball medal stroke play with one score to count. The winning team of Roger Freer, Chris Grubb and Malcolm Smith carded a net 56 securing the top spot by a single stroke over Graham Davies, Martin Hillson and Neil Faulkner with a 57.
The final winning spot went to Captain Flak, Steve Crabb, Guy Davis and Graham Rodgers with a 58.
Graham Davies has taken an early lead in the league following two second places that have banked him an eight point total so far.
Next comes Guy Davis on six points and there are then no fewer than six players with five points making it all mighty close at the top!
You may also want to watch:
This weekend the format is a four-ball competition and there are still a few places left!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat