Sidmouth yellow ball success for Couldwell, Anderson and Bambrough
- Credit: Archant
Senior golfers at Sidmouth played a yellow ball stableford competition this week on the first of several hot and sunny days to visit the Sid Valley, writes Hugh Dorliac.
Ably organised by a previous seniors’ captain Bob Cook, the competition consists of a three man team looking to get two scores per hole, one of which has to be made using the yellow ball, which each player has to play in rotation.
The advantage of the yellow ball is that it counts double points so to lose it during the round would prove disastrous to a healthy team score.
Top scorers and winners were Malcolm Couldwell, Mike Anderson and Ed Bambrough with a sseven better score of 115. Second place went to John White, John Hicks and Phil Spencer with 108.
Third were Roy Smith, Hugh Dorliac and Pop Banfield winning on countback with 104, from fourth placed Nigel Sharp, Barry Jones and Brian Coles.
You may also want to watch:
The next competition will be the annual individual Veterans Cup on June 26.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls