Sidmouth youngsters end season with perfect played nine and won nine records!
- Credit: Archant
Two of Sidmouth’s colts teams have completed their Bradleys East Devon Youth League campaigns with perfect records.
Both the Under-12s and the Under-13s have seen out their seasons with 100 per cent records, winning every game put before them!
The Under-12s ended with a played nine, won nine record and have also booked a berth in the County Sports KO Cup Finals Day being held at Whimple CC on Sunday, August 10.
In the first of the day’s semi-finals the Fortfield youngsters will meet Axminster whilst Exeter and Ottery St Mary will play the second semi-final with the two winners meeting in the final later in the day.
Sidmouth’s Rob Fowler says: The squad of players deserve much credit for their devotion to the cause. They have consistently made themselves available for matches and that makes life easier for team managers. Thanks are also due to scorer John and to the club coaches who made the Friday night coaching sessions so enjoyable and of course played a big part in developing the youngsters.”
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “We must also mention the efforts of the groundsman (Colin) and ground staff for their collective efforts, producing some superb Fortfield surfaces for the youngsters to play their cricket on.”
The Under-13s ended with an identical record of having won all nine of their league games and they were crowned Devon County Champions at Under-13 level.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
They too have reached their age group County Sports KO Finals Day.
They are now on duty at Sidmouth on Sunday, August 24 when they will meet either Cullompton or Witheridge in one of the semi-finals.