Sidmouth youngsters impress at Devon Schools Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
Five junior members of Sidmouth Running Club made it through to the Devon Schools Cross Country Championship , held at Stover School, Newton Abbot last Saturday and all came away with exceptional results of which they should be proud, competing against schools from all over Devon, writes Terry Bewes.
There were around 400 competitors over the various races. It was an achievement in itself that they all made it to the final having to go through the qualifying races at School, East Devon, then Exeter and East Devon.
It was a tough course which claimed several victims due to the muddy, slippery conditions
Toby Garrick, year 10, competing against year 11, came sixth.
Katie Marriot, year 8, came 13th beating many who had beaten her in the qualifying heats.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie Beech, year 6, competing against year 7, came 9th, Jo Ashby, year 7, came 21st and Molly Garrick, year 7, came 24th.
Toby and Ollie will now represent Devon at the South West Schools competition being held in Cheltenham in February.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Sidmouth Running Club congratulates them all.