Sidmouth youngsters set to complete season at Topsham
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth U6s and U7s sent a contingent of four teams to Exmouth for a three-way meet up with the host club and touring side Cirencester.
With Exmouth putting out four teams and the Costwoldians two more, there were a lot of lads and lasses playing tag matches.
Keeping tabs on all the games played – more than 20 involving 60-plus players – proved a challenge.
In the final totting up more than 100 tries were shared between the teams.
Sidmouth player of the day was Sam Smart who provided an entertaining display of precision passing, top-rate tagging and teamwork to score a number of superb individual tries.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth travel to Topsham this Sunday morning for the final game before they leave for a two-match tour of Cornwall, where Perranporth and Wadebridge are waiting to play them.
Thoughts are already turning to next season and recruiting new faces for the teams.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Anyone with a son or daughter aged five, six or seven who would like to try tag rugby should look at Sidmouth RFC juniors’ website.