Simdouth Warriors take to 9v9 like ducks to water
- Credit: Archant
Inter Heavitree 1, Sidmouth Warriors 4 Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s played an experimental nine-versus-nine friendly encounter with an Inter Heavitree side that play their football out of the Exeter and District Youth League, West Division.
It was the Warriors, with an impressive all-round display who came out on top.
The larger pitch suited the Warriors’ free-flowing passing game.
The match was split into four quarters and, against the run of play, it was the home team who opened the scoring with a speculative long-range effort.
In no time the Warriors levelled with an emphatic finish by Thomas Rowan.
You may also want to watch:
Further goals were added by Joe Ashby (2) and Toby Hill, but it was goalie George Wheeler who had the last word, saving a penalty in a full-size goal!
This performance bodes well for next season’s 9-a-side league.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17