Simdouth win Inter-Club points
Sidmouth Bowling Club men played another round in the over-60s league against Torbay. Unfortunately, Torbay were in sparkling form and won by three rinks to one and overall by 108-57, write Peter and Sue Mison.
Well done to the winning home team of Tony Brown, Tony Holland, Mike Reader and Norman Brimson who won 23-18.
Sidmouth men played another Interclub league match, this time against near neighbours Budleigh. The match is played on a two rink home and away basis and as always was keenly contested. Sidmouth were the victors on this occasion winning by a narrow margin, 76-72 .
On Saturday afternoon, Dunkeswell came to play a mixed match against Sidmouth. Sidmouth won on two rinks and drew on the third, winning overall 59-45. Well done to Wilf Radburn, Harry Carpenter, Jean Green and Dreda Taylor who won by 26-17.
The first round of the Ladies’ Pairs was played on Sunday and, through to the next round, are Jean Brimson and Zena Johnson, Marian Watson and Jill Bishop, Jan Jameson Bates and Paddy Wrench, Margot Beauchamp and Pat Harvie, Shirley Rose and Dreda Taylor, Mary Bristow and Sheila Graham, Lorna Lever and Christa Turner and Paddy Chew and Adelina Constable. Well done.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth took three mens’ teams to Axminster on Sunday afternoon for a friendly match. Axminster won by two rinks to one and by 69-44. Well done to Ray Tallent, Harry Carpenter, Mike Daw and John Mason who won by 27- 9.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge