Simmons takes fivefer as Sidmouth Under-19s ease to Exeter success
- Credit: Archant
Harvey Sargent led the Sidmouth Under-19s to victory at Exeter, a result that means Sidmouth Seagulls have now won Devon U19 Club T20 East Devon area title.
Exeter batted and first and were soon in trouble as 14-year-old Tom Simmons picked up three early wickets removing openers James Bovey and Jamie Khan before having Charlie Fanous caught behind.
Exeter recovered from 8-3 to post a total of 157-8 with 15-year-old Louis Adey picked up a wicket and Will Counsel and Dan Powell also claimed one each before Simmons returned to grab two more to finish with impressive figures of 5-14 off his four overs.
Henry Gater and 15-year-old Thomas Moore launched the run chase and Gater slammed a couple of deliveries deep into the car park at the County Ground, Exeter.
When Gater was out for 32, captain Sargent was heard to shout: “Get on with it Moorey.”
You may also want to watch:
The youngster duly obliged, slamming a string of well-timed boundaries into the fence before retiring with an unbeaten half century to his name.
Will Counsel slammed a four off the first ball he faced to seal a comfortable Sidmouth win.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Rain softens up the challenge at Sidmouth GC