Simpson household a happy one after golf croquet success
- Credit: Archant
The Golf Croquet Doubles Handicap Tournaments were played last week, writes Pam Bowra.
First up was the event for the high handicap players and a rather small entry of seven couples took part.
By lunch time David Butler and Michael Cunliffe were in the lead but, by mid-afternoon positions had changed and Kathie Simpson and Di Whitehouse were tying with David and Michael.
As both pairs still had another game each to play against other pairs, which would decide who would be the overall winner.
Di and Kathie won theirs, a well fought victory. The second tournament was open for mixed handicaps. This event attracted a much larger entry with 24 pairs competing.
You may also want to watch:
Three games were played before lunch by which time Anne Reece and Daphne Snape, Ian Simpson and David Butler, and Sue and Kelvin Dent had all won their three games.
By the end of the afternoon Sue and Kelvin had won all their games in block A and Ian and David were the only pair in block B to win four games.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands
The final was played by these two pairs, the game was level at six hoops all as time was called so that a golden hoop was played to decide the game. Ian and David were the victors.
These two matches made the Simpson household a very happy one!