Sis Valley CC star Salvidge in top twenty at National Championships
Two weeks ago Sid Valleys CC young star Jack Salvidge took on the nations other best youngster at the National Championship on the challenging A10/36 course near Seagrave, Barrow.
From over 130 riders who had qualified and completed the 10-mile course Jack achieved a very credible 15th place with a time of 22:40, just one minute and six seconds of the winning time.
The following week Salvidge was back on more familiar roads at the Yeovil CC 10 on the U30/10 and again showed why the South West’s top dogs are keeping a very close eye on young Jack, for on this Saturday afternoon he set another new PB and club record of 21:31, that’s just under an average speed of 28 mph for the 10 miles.
He was backed up by Doug Parker who cruised round in a time of 22:48, but the following day Parker was racing down in Cornwall where he helped a Devon team beat Cornwall in the West Country Cup over a 25-mile course near Roche and at the same time he set a new PB of 57:57.
With the days counting down until the Peak Hill Challenge a lot of local riders have been seen training on the various hills around here in East Devon and there’s a lot!
You may also want to watch:
For this year’s Sid Valley Peak Hill Challenge is taking place on Sunday, October 12. With entries on the line (that morning) and various spot prizes there will be something for both the local riders and first timers so why not give it a go.
To find out more about the Peak Hill Challenge and local cycling, be it competitive or a more leisurely ride visit SVCC.org.uk or the clubs Facebook page Sid Valley Cycling Club
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands