Sismouth Raiders Under-11s win at Colyton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were 1-0 winners when they visited Colyton for their latest match.
The Raiders got off to a flying start with Soren Hall a constant thorn in the side of the home defence!
Throughout the first half Raiders enjoyed a greater share of the ball and territorial advantage, but it was not until just before the half-time whistle that their dominance paid off when a well-flighted corner from Jack Symington resulted in a mix-up in the home defence and ball ended up in the back of the net.
Colyton hit back after the break and only some top defending from Man of the Match Zac Birkhead and the acrobatics of Raiders goalkeeper Thomas Craig, enabled the lead to be kept intact!
Raiders weathered the storm and finished the game strongly with Elliott Bowyer twice going close to extending the lead.
You may also want to watch:
However, it would not arrive, but Raiders were good value for their single goal success.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour