Sloppy Beer pay the price as more points dropped
Beer Albion 2, Budleigh Salterton 2 The Fishermen saw two more Fresha League top flight points allude them in a game that they led twice in.
Sam White fired Beer ahead and, after the visitors had levelled, Chris Long tucked a way a penalty to restore the home advantage.
Budleigh bagged a late leveller which was no more than they,. And in particular their excellent keeper, deserved for a spirited display.
Beer boss Phil Crabb said: “That’s points dropped, make no mistake about that. Once again we were guilty of shipping some very soft goals and that has to stop if we are to retain top flight status. We also had plenty of opportunities to win the game. I’ll accept that their keeper had a blinder, but we have got to be tighter at the back and more clinical in the final third.”
It’s just one win in eleven now for the Fishermen and this Saturday they face the team sitting above everybody else in the Fresha league top flight Hatherleigh.
You may also want to watch:
The free-scoring North Devon side beat Seaton Town 5-0 last weekend and have now notched 46 goals in a dozen league starts!
Crabb says: “I am sure the players will rise to the occasion and Furzebrake is a difficult place to come to for any side, especially when our supporters get vocal. Hopefully we’ll play with a more disciplined approach to defending and be far more ruthless with our finishing.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Richard Walker, who has been out for some time with injury, is hoping to make a return in the game with Hatherleigh.