Smith skips quartet to victory over Buckinghamshire Bowling Association
SIDMOUTH Bowling Club welcomed the Buckinghamshire Bowling Association, a Men’s team selected from various Clubs in the County, writes Ron Cook.
The rinks were shared three each but it was the hosts who emerged victorious at 115-100.
The successful Sidmouth rinks were; P Clements, M Daw, P Mison and skip B Smith (25-9), D Brand, F Adlam, A Matthews and skip R Cook (26-14) and T A-Pritchard, D Fairclough, D Ingyon and skip M Borst (23-16).
In each case, all three rinks claimed the early advantage and bowled solidly throughout to never look like conceding the lead.
Exeter based St Thomas were the next visitors, arriving with six mixed rinks of triples and, once again, the rink score ended all square at 3-3 but this time the visitors prevailed in the overall match, winning 130-99.
You may also want to watch:
The successful Sidmouth rinks were; C Wells, J Fricker and skip R Cook (22-10), J Mountford, T Wells and A Capon (21-17) and K Bridgman, J Quinn and P Wrench (17-16).
Next up was a visit from Leicester tourists who proved to be strong opponents winning four out of the six rinks that were played and the match at 103-77.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
The successful home rinks were; P Pritchard, M Bolland, L Catford and skip E Hewett (22-6) and I Robins, J Thomas, A Matthews and skip J Mason (16-15).
Sidmouth then travelled to Bridport where they went down to a narrow six shot defeat whilst the scheduled visit to Dunkeswell had to be cancelled owing to a lack of available players at the host clubs end.
Then, following a very wet weekend the Club had the pleasure of entertaining the County President, Don Coyne from Feniton with his representative teams from around the County.
Sidmouth acquitted themselves well on the day, winning on four rinks and by 125-88 overall.
Indeed on the two rinks that were lost the final margins were just one and two shots!
The successful home rinks were; T A-Pritchard, D Moore, A Holland and skip J Mason (27-7),T Wells, D Mountford, B Barber and skip B Seldon (27-10), K Bridgman, F Adlam, P Mison and M Borst (19-18) and J Chew, B Turner, B Hague and skip N Brimson (19-17).