Soggy for tennis teams
The Sidmouth TC ladies A and men’s teams have both been in action over the last couple of weeks, writes Lesley Cranston.
Ladies A played host to their neighbours Seaton whom they narrowly defeated 5-4.
Viv Bess and Di Kendall-Torry won both their rubbers in straight sets whilst the mother/daughter combination of Gill Dolling and Debbie Snelgrove, although on the losing end, obtained the crucial extra point to secure victory for the home side.
Meanwhile, Sidmouth men kept up an excellent run of form with a very wet 8-3 win over Newton St Cyres. The result comes on the back of a hard-fought 5-5 draw the week before against David Lloyd A, who until then had dropped only four points in their previous five matches.
Prior to that, in the local derby with Seaton, the team came away with a satisfying 7-2 victory. These results have taken Sidmouth to second in the Division, placing them in real contention for promotion at the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
However, many more tough sets are to be played first, but hopefully none as soggy as last week’s!
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon