SOHC 2nd XI unbeaten in 12 games, but it’s points dropped at Yeovil
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth & Ottery Hockey Club 2nd XI returned from their visit to Yeovil & Sherborne with a share of the spoils after a 1-1 draw.
That's back-to-back draws now for the team which has dented their promotion hopes, though they remain unbeaten in 12 games.
The game was played out with freezing rain falling at regular intervals but SOHC were positive about their approach and it was they who struck first with Euan Webber netting late in the half when SOHC won their first short corner of the contest.
The home team hit back after the break and managed to restore parity with a goal scored from close range in a goalmouth scramble.
SOHC were quickly back onto the front foot but were twice denied what appeared to be clear penalty flicks.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of individual performance, Ashok Prasad was outstanding throughout and two players, Laurence Heywood and Charlie Frost, made impressive debuts for the team.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon