SOHC 2nd XI unbeaten in 12 games, but it’s points dropped at Yeovil
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth & Ottery Hockey Club 2nd XI returned from their visit to Yeovil & Sherborne with a share of the spoils after a 1-1 draw.
That's back-to-back draws now for the team which has dented their promotion hopes, though they remain unbeaten in 12 games.
The game was played out with freezing rain falling at regular intervals but SOHC were positive about their approach and it was they who struck first with Euan Webber netting late in the half when SOHC won their first short corner of the contest.
The home team hit back after the break and managed to restore parity with a goal scored from close range in a goalmouth scramble.
SOHC were quickly back onto the front foot but were twice denied what appeared to be clear penalty flicks.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of individual performance, Ashok Prasad was outstanding throughout and two players, Laurence Heywood and Charlie Frost, made impressive debuts for the team.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town