SOHC A play their ‘get out of jail free’ card in Bristol win
SOHC A 2 Bristol University 1 SOHC registered their fourth win of the league campaign, but only after playing their ‘get out of jail free’ card, writes Mark Moore.
It all started so well for the hosts as they took a 13th minute lead courtesy of a clinical Will Gallantree finish.
However, that seemed to be the signal for the foot to be taken off the gas and the University side were afforded far too much time on the ball and concede possession far too easily.
Fortunately the visiting forward line had clearly left their goal scoring sticks at home and spurned countless opportunities to level!
There was also some solid defending with Rick Robinson making a goal line clearance when it seemed inevitable that Bristol would finally break the SOHC resolve.
You may also want to watch:
Three minutes into the second half the lead was doubled when Andrew Welch struck from a penalty short corner, ably assisted by the Bristol full back who managed to drag the wide shot into his own net!
Thereafter the pattern of play was similar to the first half with the students going close time after time.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
The SOHC goal was finally breached from a short corner to give the visitors hope.
SOHC did fashion one great late opportunity and Charlie Please should have done better when Graham Pidgeon put him through for a tap in which somehow missed the target!
On Saturday OHC are at home to Mid Somerset (12noon) at Sidmouth, and, as ever, supporters will be made very welcome.