SOHC - all the weekend fixtures for men’s and ladies’
- Credit: Archant
There’s a full programme of matches for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey (SOHC) club teams this weekend.
Top billing, in terms of matches at home, goes to the men’s senior side who entertain Penzance at Sidmouth (noon).
Last weekend Rich Robinson’s men were 4-3 winners over hosts Plymouth Marjon B. That success meant back-to-back wins for the first team for the first time this season after their previous outing saw that sensational cup win over Ashmoor.
When they played at Penzance in October the side’s shared six goals.
The men’s second eleven drew 2-2 with West Dorset at Ottery last weekend and this Saturday they travel to Cornwall to face Camborne Schools of Mines who they beat 2-0 when the teams met at Ottery in October. SOHC men’s third team make the short trip to Taunton Vale B fresh from last Saturday’s 1-0 win over Taunton CS.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s fourth team went down 3-0 at Ashmoor and this weekend they host Bridgwater C at Sidmouth (1.30pm). last, but not least, as far as the men’s hockey this weekend, the SOHC V travel to North Devon A who beat them 4-0 when the pair met in East Devon earlier in the campaign.
The ladies section has two elevens on the road and two playing at home.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
The ladies’ 1st XI travel to Clifton, a side they beat 1-0 in a close contest at Ottery in October. An SOHC success on Saturday and it’ll be five wins in succession! The past four outings have seen the ladies senior side score 17 goals and conceded just five.
The ladies’ 2nd XI entertains Torbay at Ottery St Mary (12.30pm). When the pair met in South Devon earlier in the season SOHC were beaten 9-1. They do go into the game in decent form having been beaten just once in their last five outings.
The ladies’ third eleven travel to Exe looking to avenge a narrow 2-0 defeat earlier in the season and the ladies’’ fourth team host Honiton Hornets at Ottery with a start time of 11am. When the pair met at Honiton in October the home side won 3-0.
Check out all things SOHC at www. sidmouthandotteryhc.co.uk