SOHC boy’s Under-12s shine at Plymouth tournament
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) Under-12 boy’s travelled to Plymouth to take part in the end of season club finals, writes Sarah Daisy.
Throughout this season the SOHC boy’s have played some wonderful hockey and developed as individual players and also as a team.
They have become a cohesive group, working hard as a team which has resulted in some spectacular goals, especially at the Plymouth tournament.
Fielding two teams, SOHC B were mighty unfortunate not to make the semi-finals, missing out, as they did, by just a single point.
They won three of their group stage matches with their only defeat a 2-0 reversal to Exe and a similar score line in their meeting with Ashmoor. It was Exe and Ashmoor who finished first and second in the group and, with the top two going into the last four SOHC missed out by that one solitary point!
You may also want to watch:
SOHC A were certainly tasked with the toughest route to the final stages.
They were edged out by Isca, OM Eagles and Devonport.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
Throughout these matches the SOHC boys showed determination and great teamwork, which, unfortunately, did not end with a win for them.
Their final match of the group stage ended with a 2-2 draw against Dart.
That’s the end of the tournaments for this season for the boy’s.
They can certainly hold their heads high with regard to their season’s work and will no doubt step up and do the Under-14 age group team proud next season.
They have represented the club well, by showing excellent sportsmanship throughout the season; welcomed new players to the team and been very supportive of each other.