SOHC boys’ Under-16s battle well in defeat at Taunton Vale
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) boys’ Under-16s took part in their first national tournament when they faced Taunton Vale in a Sunday encounter.
SOHC made a good start, but were soon left to realise they faced a tough time against a slick opposition.
Taunton Vale stepped up a gear 15 minutes in and took the lead and then went on to score three more to hold a 4-0 interval advantage having played some sparkling hockey throughout the first half.
In the second half SOHC dug deep and gave as good as they got for long periods, only conceding one more goal before the final whistle.
In what was a fine all-round battling show, special mention must be made of the performance of JJ Newman in the SOHC goal.
You may also want to watch:
The team can take lots of positives from the game and can look forward to further tough encounters when they will surely continue to develop well as a team.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford