SOHC Development ladies team win 2-1 at Chard
Sidmouth and Ottery (SOHC) ladies development travelled to Chard for a friendly where they triumphed by the odd goal in three.
This proved a very different match from the previous day’s outing for the fourth team as SOHC soon took control of proceedings.
Although Chard fought back well at times, they got little change out of solid defending by Maggie Heal, Emily Bolton and Katie Underwood. Goalkeeper Soph Hudson was outstanding between the post, making a number of fine saves.
The midfield of Flora Hastie, Emily Rudolph, Chelsea Trimsouth and Teresa Grabauskas worked the ball around to great effect, supplying plenty of ball to the attack.
Bernie Voce opened SOHC’s scoring account with a perfectly taken strike, whilst Aimee Keast and Caitlin Perry both went might close to adding their name to the score sheet.
You may also want to watch:
The match was won in the second half thanks to a superb strike from Jane Roberts. The 2-1 win was no more than the team deserved for their all-round performance.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out