SOHC Development ladies team win 2-1 at Chard
Sidmouth and Ottery (SOHC) ladies development travelled to Chard for a friendly where they triumphed by the odd goal in three.
This proved a very different match from the previous day’s outing for the fourth team as SOHC soon took control of proceedings.
Although Chard fought back well at times, they got little change out of solid defending by Maggie Heal, Emily Bolton and Katie Underwood. Goalkeeper Soph Hudson was outstanding between the post, making a number of fine saves.
The midfield of Flora Hastie, Emily Rudolph, Chelsea Trimsouth and Teresa Grabauskas worked the ball around to great effect, supplying plenty of ball to the attack.
Bernie Voce opened SOHC’s scoring account with a perfectly taken strike, whilst Aimee Keast and Caitlin Perry both went might close to adding their name to the score sheet.
You may also want to watch:
The match was won in the second half thanks to a superb strike from Jane Roberts. The 2-1 win was no more than the team deserved for their all-round performance.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council