SOHC fifth team beaten by Isca
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club men’s 5th XI: The fifth team returned from Exeter without points after going down by 4-0 against Isca.
Captain Andy Dockley assembled 14 players at the Exeter University’s sand-based pitch to take on a competent Isca team.
With a mixture of youngsters and more senior players, the visitors played some good hockey at times and made good use of their substitutes throughout the game.
Pressure was applied on both wings and SOHC did get some chances but were unable to convert them.
In a competitve encounter, Isca were able to make more of their chances and scored a couple of goals in both halves.
You may also want to watch:
SOHC should not be downhearted, with their performance but will have to work hard in their next encounter when they take on joint top of the table University of Exeter, who have not dropped a point all season, on the same pitch.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist