SOHC fixtures suffer at the hands of Storm Dennis
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) was never due to play more than four league fixtures this weekend, with three ladies’ teams and the men’s third team all having a break from the league, writes Andrew Coley.
But with Storm Dennis blowing in from the Atlantic, the ladies' fourth team friendly fixture against White Eagles III was the first to fall victim to the weather.
Of the four fixtures left, three were against teams from Chard, with the men's second team due to travel to Somerset, and the ladies' seconds and men's fourths due to host Chard in Ottery. But with concerns raised about travelling, the clubs decided it would be better to postpone matches to later in the season.
That just left the men's first team playing at home to Yeovil and Sherborne, at Sidmouth.
This match ended with a 2-6 defeat for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
The SOHC scorers were George Powell and Chris Bishop.
The result leaves the SOHC side comfortably in mid-table.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
With all things being equal, this Saturday (February 22) should see seven SOHC sides in league action, with the men's fourth team being the odd one out, having no fixture.