SOHC girls’ Under-14s impress in tournament outing
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) Under-14 girls were in action on Sunday competing in their latest tournament that saw them take on four other teams.
They lost two of the four games – beaten narrowly by strong opposition in the form of Isca and Tiverton WE - drew the meeting with Exe 0-0 and won one, that a splendid 3-0 success over Ashmoor.
Across the four games the SOHC youngsters played some delightful hockey and showed, to a large cluster of spectators at the meeting, just how much they have improved, individually and collectively, since the start of the season.
In terms of individual performance, Leoni Morgan was solid in defence with Karhys Flemington and Macy Parsons making goal-saving tackles as well as dishing up a number of dynamic forward runs to pressure the opposing team.
Lydia Gammon was a workhorse in midfield and Amy Scott and Harriet Haynes upfront took turns to fire shots in from all angles.
You may also want to watch:
Chloe Annan joined the team to compete in her first tournament this year and put in a great first performance in left defence.
Amy Davies leapt and dived, saving some lethal shots and keeping a clean sheet in two very tricky games. Jess Perry was a standout player this week in left mid, making some great passes and solo runs and scoring two splendid goals. Amy Scott scored the other SOHC goal. A special thank you must go to Katie Dean, who coached and umpired in the freezing cold.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout