SOHC junior teams do well across the county
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club junior section were busy last weekend, fielding four different teams across East Devon.
The Under-10 boys’ were in action at Dawlish where they opened their day with a single goal defeat to an experienced Plymouth Marjon side.
However, the 1-0 reversal was to be the last defeat of the day for the youngsters who then went on to beat Ashmoor B 5-0, Exe 3-2 and Dart 4-0.
The Under-12 boys’ were also in action at Dawlish and they began their day with a superb 4-1 win over Ashmoor B.
Next up they were 3-1 winners over PHC before they were edged out 1-0 by Exe. Their final game resulted in a 0-0 draw with Dart.
You may also want to watch:
The girls’ Under-10s were in action in Mid Devon at Tiverton where they got off to a losing start, beaten 2-0 by Teign.
However, once they warmed to their surroundings they played some good hockey and went on to be a force to be reckoned with. They defeated ECVH 1-0 and then, against one of the big clubs in Devon, Plymouth Marjon, they played superbly to richly deserve a 0-0 draw.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Last but not least of the four teams in weekend action, the Under-12 girls’ took to the pitch.
Some of the team were getting their first ever experience of competitive hockey.
First up against Ashmoor they were edged out 1-0 before they took on a much more experienced ISCA side who beat them 5-0.
In their final game they took a fifth minute lead against Tiverton White Eagles.
However, the Mid Devon side turned things round, scored twice and claimed a narrow victory.
Thanks goes to all of the coaches, parents and volunteers that have helped the junior section so far this season.
If anyone thinks they would like to have a go at hockey, junior training is Sunday mornings from 10am to noon.
For more details on all things SOHC visit www.sidmouthandotteryhc.co.uk