SOHC ladies’ 1st and 2nds both record big clean sheet victories
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery (SOHC) ladies’ 1st XI claimed their sixth win of the Petroc One season, beating bottom of the table Honiton Hornets 9-0.
The goal scoring honours went to Aimee Keast, who scored a hat-trick, and both Megan Thompson-Summers and Nicky Lockyer both scored doubles. The other SOHC goals were scored by Alice Pleasee and Frankie Forsyth.
Tomorrow (Saturday) the ladies’ 1st XI are in Sidmouth action with a noon start for their meeting with Ashmoor.
? The SOHC ladies’ 2nd XI powered to an 11-0 win over Minehead 2nds and are now second in the Sedgemoor Division table.
In a powerful start, an early double from Karen Dutton put SOHC in charge and they carried their dominance through to half-time at which point they were five goals to the good thanks to some delightful short passing in which Lucy Gosling, Alice Dormor, Cassia Astley-Jones and Anna Moroz, were all heavily involved.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the second half a determined SOHC went in search of further goals, which was the difference between the teams at the break.
When the final whistle was blown, SOHC had reached double figures and the goals were scored by Karen Dutton (5), Amy Oliver (3), Chrissie Jacobs (2) and Anna Moroz.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Tomorrow (Saturday) the ladies’ 2nd XI are in North Devon to meet Taw Valley 2nds in Barnstaple (11.30am)