SOHC ladies 1st XI stay top after toppling Taunton Vale
- Credit: Archant
A round-up of all the SOHC action on the middle Saturday of November
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies' first team maintained their 100 per cent record in Sedgemoor Division One with a 5-2 home win over Taunton Vale III.
The match was closely contested for the first quarter, but table-topping SOHC eventually wore the Somerset side down with some quick passing and clinical.
At one stage they were five goals to the good before Taunton got a couple of late consolations via short corners.
SOHC ladies 2nd XI were beaten 4-2 in their Sedgemoor Division One meeting with Exe IV and that defeat leaves SOHC sitting near the foot of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, like the club's 1st XI, SOHC ladies third team sit top of their division after a 4-1 Sedgemoor Division Two success over Taw Valley II.
The SOHC ladies IV team went down 5-0 at the hands of Isca and Exeter University VI and so sit eighth in the table.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
With regard to the SOHC men's teams, the 1st XI lost 4-1 away at University of Exeter D and that result means that the SOHC senior side remain in the bottom half of the Conference South table.
The men's second team had a home fixture against Yeovil and Sherborne A, which resulted in a 3-2 win thanks to goals from Ade Brooker, Josh Cressall and Jon Mutter.
In South East II, both SOHC sides lost, with the men's third team losing away at Mid Somerset 6-2.
The fourth XI, despite first half goals from Richard Lucas and Steve Ellison, were edged out 3-2 at home to Taunton Civil Service.