SOHC ladies 1st XI still sport a perfect record after 5-0 win over White Eagles
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies first team continued their excellent winning start to the new Sedgemoor Division One campaign with a nap hand white-wash win over White Eagles II.
A brace of goals from both Taryn Beuthin and Rebecca Tedford together with one from Alice Dormor saw the ladies to 5-0, fourth successive win of the league term,
The ladies' second team did not fare so well, going down 2-1 at home to ECV Hornets, which leaves them propping up the same division, with the firsts joint top along with Exe III and ECVH IV. What's more, the ladies' first team have yet to concede a goal, this league season ands currently sport a goal difference of plus 35!
In Sedgemoor Division Two, the ladies third and fourth teams were both involved in matches that produced five goals, but with very different outcomes for the SOHC teams!
The third team were 4-1 winners over Honiton Hornets thanks to a hat-trick from Hannah Trude and a goal from Sam Parkyn. The fourth team also ended their game with a 4-1 score line, but in this match, the honours went to Okehampton III.
You may also want to watch:
There was defeat for the first time this season for the SOHC men's 1st team as they went down by the odd goal in five to Old Bristolians in a Conference South Division match.
Josh Miller and Nick Mansfield, the latter netting his fourth in the last two games, score the SOHC goals.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
The second team did not fare any better as they went down 5-1 away at East Devon in an East Devon A meeting. Harvey Charlesworth was the scorer of the consolation goal.
The third team were 2-1 winners of their South East Two meeting with visiting ECV Hornets B. Teenager Charlie Piper scored the first and the winning goal was netted by Matt Offer-Hoar.
Last but not least on a busy match day for SOHC teams, the men's fourth XI lost 4-1 away at Taunton Vale E with the SOHC goal scored by Paul Baker who applied a clinical finish to a well-worked short corner routine.