SOHC ladies’ 1st XI take goal count past a centry with another big win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth & Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ 1st XI made it 13 wins from as many Sedgemoor One matches as they defeated White Eagles II 10-1.
Despite having not played for three weeks, SOHC were quickly into their stride with some terrific passing and linking between the midfield and forwards and that resulted in a brace of early goals, both clincially tucked away by Alice Dormer.
White Eagles were competitive and did manage to get a goal of their own in the first half, but three more from the table-toppers saw them into a 5-1 interval lead.
After the break SOHC played into the face of a strong wind but continued to play on the front foot and they scored five more goals to seal yet another double figure success.
The full list of goal scorers read: Alice Dormer (3), Becca Tedford (2), Emily Ackland (2) Taz Murray (2) and Alice Please.
You may also want to watch:
It was hat-trick scoring Dormer, who served up another superb all-round performance, that was chosen as the 'Player of the Day' award.
SOHC have now scored 102 and conceded just nine in their 13-match winning run. Tomorrow (Saturday) they travel to meet sixth placed Chard who they beat 10-1 back in November.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
A 14th straight win would then set the ladies up for the following Saturday (March 7) when they will be taking on second placed side and a win there would leave them one more win from being crowned league champions.