SOHC ladies 2nd XI end super season with seven goal success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies second XI rounded off their superb Sedgemoor Division Two season with a 7-1 win at home to Taunton Vale.
The victory means that SOHC end the campaign as runners-up to champions Weston-super-Mare II who finished just three points better off with 49 to the 46 accrued over the 18 game season by SOHC.
The seventh and final took SOHC to a superb 111 for the league season!
In a terrific all-round team display the stand-out individual performances came from Frankie Forsyth and Sophie Hudson who both bagged a brace of goals.
The first half was a relatively close affair with just the one goal scored giving SOHC a narrow interval advantaged.
You may also want to watch:
However, in the second half SOHC took charge, moved the ball around with zest and precision, scoring six more times.
Fran Piper, Evie Wilson, Megan Thompson-Summers and vice captain Lizzie Nancekivell, were the other scorers with the Nancekivell strike coming from a fiercely struck penalty corner.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Taunton played their part in a good contest, but it was not without incident and referee George Powell was forced to show a second half card to the Taunton goalkeeper who spent a spell in the sin bin for ‘challenging behaviour’!