SOHC ladies 2nd XI end super season with seven goal success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies second XI rounded off their superb Sedgemoor Division Two season with a 7-1 win at home to Taunton Vale.
The victory means that SOHC end the campaign as runners-up to champions Weston-super-Mare II who finished just three points better off with 49 to the 46 accrued over the 18 game season by SOHC.
The seventh and final took SOHC to a superb 111 for the league season!
In a terrific all-round team display the stand-out individual performances came from Frankie Forsyth and Sophie Hudson who both bagged a brace of goals.
The first half was a relatively close affair with just the one goal scored giving SOHC a narrow interval advantaged.
You may also want to watch:
However, in the second half SOHC took charge, moved the ball around with zest and precision, scoring six more times.
Fran Piper, Evie Wilson, Megan Thompson-Summers and vice captain Lizzie Nancekivell, were the other scorers with the Nancekivell strike coming from a fiercely struck penalty corner.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
Taunton played their part in a good contest, but it was not without incident and referee George Powell was forced to show a second half card to the Taunton goalkeeper who spent a spell in the sin bin for ‘challenging behaviour’!