SOHC ladies’ 2nd XI land third win of season with victory at Taunton Vale
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club had a match day of mixed results and they chalked up four wins, a draw and three defeats in the eight matches played by their men’s and ladies’ teams.
This coming matchday (October 27) sees a break in matches as it’s the half-term week and so the teams will return to action the following Saturday (November 3).
The pick of the results from the ladies’ teams was the 3-0 away win achieved by the 2nd XI in their Sedgmore Division Two game at Taunton Vale V.
With all 12 teams in the division having now played five games, SOHC ladies’ 2nd XI remain one of the three sides still to suffer defeat this season.
The win at Taunton Vale V leaves the ladies sitting third with four wins and a draw from their first five outings, in which they have scored an impressive 23 goals and conceded just two!
You may also want to watch:
When the season resumes on November 3, SOHC ladies’ 2nd XI entertain table-topping Weston-super-Mare II, who have won all five of their games to date, scoring 25 times and conceding just one goal and so the meeting between the two is clearly going to be a compelling one – indeed, one to watch! The ladies’ third team matched the score of the second team, in their case winning 3-0 at home to Exe V, a result that moves them up to sixth in the Petroc Division Two table.
In the same section, SOHC ladies’ fourth team lost for the fourth time in five outings, beaten 6-0 away at Isca V. That result leaves the ladies sitting ninth in the table.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The ladies’ 1st XI, who this season are playing in Petroc Division One, had their three match-winning run ended when they lost 4-3 at home to a Dart II side that now sit three points and two places better off than SOHC in the early table.
Next up for the 1st XI is a November 3 trip to fourth bottom Exe IV.