SOHC ladies all in league action this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There’s a full set of league fixtures for the Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club ladies’ teams on the second Saturday of the new year.
Two of the teams, the third XI and the fourth XI, both resumed their league season after the festive break.
The thirds drew 1-1 with Okehampton III and the fourth XI lost 2-0 to Okehampton II.
The third team were good value for their share of the spoils, secured by a superb finish from Alice Dormer and some outstanding goalkeeping from Millie Guy. Both goals came after the break and SOHC might well have ended up with all three points had they been able to turn three short corners and late domination into goals.
This Saturday (January 13), the ladies’ 1st XI resume their Petroc Division One campaign with a game at Sidmouth against Dart. The visitors sit third in the table, one place above SOHC and when the sides met back in September, Dart won 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Petroc Division One is at the halfway stage of its campaign with all teams having played nine games except for the teams sitting in the bottom two places – Torbay and Dartmouth – who have both played eight so far.
SOHC are looking to maintain what is currently a perfect home record – they have won all four of their home games so far. Kick-off at Sidmouth is at noon.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
The ladies’ second XI are in Sedgmoor Division One action when they travel to fourth-in-the-table Yeovil and Sherborne, who won the meeting on their own pitch back in September, 4-1. SOHC head for the Somerset contest, one that kicks-off at 11.30am, in Yeovil, still looking to win away this season.
There’s an in-house derby for the third and fourth XIs with their clash being played at Sidmouth with a 10.30am start time.
The pair met earlier in the season with the third team taking the honours 5-2. The pair go into the meeting both sitting in the bottom four of the Petroc Division Two table Chard (11am).