SOHC ladies bag thrilling late winner against strong Exe side
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ first team were involved in a thrilling contest with a strong Exe side that saw the season-long SOHC unbeaten home record maintained after a 3-2 success.
The home side made a positive start and serves up some terrific link-up play between midfield and forwards.
However, the Exe defence was solid and disciplined and it meant clear sight of goal was rare! However, the home pressure eventually paid off and a late first half strike from Ellie Marok gave SOHC an interval lead.
The home side were not as slick in the early second half exchanges and paid a heavy price as Exe first levelled and then scored again to lead 2-1.
Falling behind drew a terrific response from the home side and, spurred on by the attacking energy of Nicky Lockyer and Jess Oliver, it was no more than SOHC deserved when a cross was met by Aimee Keast and she calmly slotted it past the keeper to restore parity.
You may also want to watch:
Exe continued to pose a threat, but defenders Lucy Lefebvre, Katie Ackland and Hannah Peters worked well together to keep them at bay. Chances were fashioned at either end and, shortly after Samantha Parkyn was denied, Marok popped up to net her second and see SOHC to another victory.
The SOHC Player of the Match award went to Jess Oliver for her great play down the wing.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council