SOHC Ladies bank first point of the season.
Sidmouth 0 Clifton 0 Sidmouth and Ottery entertained Clifton at Ottery, looking to gain points for the fist time this term, writes Jessica Allen.
In what were horrible weather conditions SOHC began with real confidence creating chances and firing shots off at the visitor’s goal.
When Clifton countered they discovered that Jodie Parsons controlled the solid SOHC back line.
Despite missing their coach SOHC were well structured and controlled most of the game with their strong possession and willingness to meet those fifty-fifty balls.
Sara Roberts, later named Player of the Match, made some great runs and certainly rattled Clifton’s midfield.
You may also want to watch:
There was also some incisive play from Sarah Hutchings on the right, but, despite some fine approach play, a finish was not forthcoming.
Lea Pidgeon, Chrissie Mitchell and Nicky Bishop all went close to breaking the deadlock.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
This was a superb all-round show from the team and has certainly helped crate a new confidence through the ranks ready for the next game, this weekends’ trip to Redland.