SOHC Ladies bank first point of the season.
Sidmouth 0 Clifton 0 Sidmouth and Ottery entertained Clifton at Ottery, looking to gain points for the fist time this term, writes Jessica Allen.
In what were horrible weather conditions SOHC began with real confidence creating chances and firing shots off at the visitor’s goal.
When Clifton countered they discovered that Jodie Parsons controlled the solid SOHC back line.
Despite missing their coach SOHC were well structured and controlled most of the game with their strong possession and willingness to meet those fifty-fifty balls.
Sara Roberts, later named Player of the Match, made some great runs and certainly rattled Clifton’s midfield.
You may also want to watch:
There was also some incisive play from Sarah Hutchings on the right, but, despite some fine approach play, a finish was not forthcoming.
Lea Pidgeon, Chrissie Mitchell and Nicky Bishop all went close to breaking the deadlock.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
This was a superb all-round show from the team and has certainly helped crate a new confidence through the ranks ready for the next game, this weekends’ trip to Redland.