SOHC ladies battle well before going down to table-topping Taw Valley
- Credit: Archant
Taw Valley 2, SOHC 0 Sidmouth and Ottery Ladies were edged out in their game at Barnstaple against the table-toppers.
SOHC began the game with a good tempo to their approach play, whilst defensively they were solid.
However, Taw Valley are not top without very good reason and they were clinical in the way they created, and finished, both their goals.
The opening goal came from a short corner, but rather than feel sorry for themselves, SOHC responded well and there were large periods of positive play as the game switched from end-to-end.
The Taw Valley attack was fleet-footed and created plenty of work Jess Allan, Emily Ackland, Sarah Hutchings, Ellie Marok and Annabelle Clay, together with keeper Hayley Delasalle, to deal with. This was something the back line did well and half-time was reached with that one goal separating the sides.
You may also want to watch:
After the break the SOHC attack of Nicky Bishop, Jodie Parsons, Sara Roberts, Chrissie Mitchell and Sophie Jackson, began to create chances. They went close a few times before another short corner was ruthlessly netted by the home side.
SOPHC travelled home defeated, but certainly with heads held high for the home team knew at full-time that they had had to work hard for the spoils.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
The SOHC Player of the Match award was shared by three players; Sara Roberts, Emily Ackland and Nicky Bishop.