SOHC ladies edged out at Clifton
- Credit: Archant
SOHC ladies’ first team went down 2-0 to a Clifton side that had started the day one place below them in the league table.
With an icy wind blowing conditions were far from ideal and it took both sets of players some time to adjusting to the freezing temperatures.
Clifton had a very young side that were well drilled and they skillfully passed the ball around the visitors.
SOHC defended well for the opening 20 minutes, restricting the home side to only the occasional sight of goal.
However, once the deadlock was broken, the home side netting with a strike from the top of the D, they took charge.
You may also want to watch:
SA succession of short corners were conceded, but again SOHC defended well and got into half-time just the single goal behind.
After the break Clifton continued attack, but again the SOHC defence proved up to the challenge until the pressure told and a second goal was scored, this one from a slick and well-practiced short corner.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
This weekend the team travel to ECVH with an 11am start time for the match at Cullompton.